Ready to chart a greener course? Join us on our journey towards sustainable travel
Making sustainable work, locally
We proudly work with Toitū Envirocare, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manaaki Whenua - Landcare Research – and have been doing so for over 10 years!
Every year we go through a comprehensive auditing process to ensure the validity and integrity of how we are reporting emissions, and the methodology and values applied, so if you take part in any of their carbon-reduce, net carbon zero, or climate-positive certificate programs, our investment means you have one less thing to worry about.
This saves you considerable time, effort, and money.
Building travel programs aligned with your ESG objectives:
- Travel policy consulting: Our team of travel experts will work with you to analyse your current travel policy and propose a tailored, best-in-market travel program that supports your sustainability objectives, whilst balancing the importance of traveller wellness and the cost of business travel.
- Actionable insights: With visibility over your program, you can understand how travel trends and behaviours contribute towards your sustainability goals. We can help you measure critical travel program KPIs through reporting and strategic travel program insight meetings. You can also access on-demand reports that use the Greenhouse Gas Protocol to calculate your carbon emissions (CO2e) from air, hotel, and car travel.
1. If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it!
As global carbon emissions from travel continue to rise, the imperative for business travel programs to embrace sustainability and minimise their environmental impact has never been more important. But for many organisations, implementing these goals can appear daunting - manually tracking, calculating, and offsetting greenhouse gas emissions can be time-consuming, potentially inaccurate, and hard work.
Enter Corporate Traveller’s OBT, Savi. Our savvy and sustainable sidekick.
Through Savi, our online booking tool (OBT), we work with Tasman Environmental Markets (TEM) which has enabled greenhouse gas emissions visibility and offsetting to become part of our online booking experience.
For clients looking to offset their travel, we work with a range of partners that supply transparent, verified offsetting projects locally and internationally. This includes award-winning Trees4Travel, which calculates and translates the CO2e of your business trips into trees to support reforestation projects.
SAVI’s carbon functionality can include:
- Hybrid and electric battery rental car preferencing
- Visualise the CO2e impact of different flight options
- Granular emissions calculations that consider seat class and aircraft type
- View your company’s offsetting investment and the projects you’re contributing towards
- Push CO2e emissions and offsetting data to live reporting
2. Business travel offsetting
Corporate Traveller’s role is to ‘get curious’ with our customers about sustainability in business travel. We can tailor a customer’s travel program from simple carbon visibility within our booking tool, to high-level carbon emissions reporting, to an integrated solution with one of our partners who are the experts in the science and mechanics of carbon calculations and offsetting.
3. Verified by local authorities
Many carbon offsetting programs use generic or European methods for calculation. Corporate Traveller has relationships with local and global partners so we can align our solutions and bring in the right experts to support your goals.
Savi’s emissions visibility features and connected carbon reporting follow both Climate Active in Australia and New Zealand’s Ministry for the Environment (NZMFE) standards. In your reporting tool, you can access CO2e reports for Hotel, Car, and Air using DEFRA’s (Department of Environment, Food & Rural Affairs) Greenhouse Gas Protocol calculation standards to help guide your sustainability decisions and offsetting.
Travel is getting more complicated but Corporate Traveller’s continued efforts to make available (through its partners) best-in-market sustainability tools and technology makes achieving your sustainability objectives easier.